Abi, our kids, and I spent some time over the summer putting together a handful videos geared toward kids, families, and educators. Our goal is to create a resource that is useful in home schools, pre-K’s, and other settings.
If you have kids, work with them, or know someone who does, please check out some of the things we’ve uploaded so far at ziegerfamilymusic.com. Each video features a song–original or traditional–and time-lapsed illustrations by Abi. Along with the videos are chord sheets, a coloring page, and some extension activities. There are more videos on YouTube, but we just haven’t finalized all the other resources that accompany them.
Let us know if you think you or someone you know may find these useful.
And, as always, thanks for listening.
You may have noticed a pop-up soon after you arrived at my site. (If not, please let me know!) It’s an invitation to join my email list. The purpose of the list is to give me the chance to stay in touch with you beyond a show or this website. I only periodically send out emails to let you know of a new show, project, or song. Trust me–you won’t be inundated! But I will endeavor to stay in contact. And if you sign up when the pop-up prompts you, you will get a link to download an unreleased demo track as a small thank you!
Anyway, I appreciate you listening, and I am always glad to hear from you. Thanks for your support!
- Abi and I have been working on an educational kid’s music side-project that we hope to launch within the next few months. I’ll be sure to share that here when it’s all set.
- Just realized I forgot to mention that I was able to contribute to Matthew Vass’ track “Dark Wave Revival” last year! It was a privilege. I really love this track, “Digital” from his other project, Doe Eye Twin.
- I’m looking forward to backing up Tina Graye on her next radio recording. It’s fun to be playing second-guitar for a change, and Tina’s songs are so well crafted. We’ll be in the studio next week.
- It was nice to be featured on Van Wagner’s latest release,Shortleaf Pine. I think this is his twenty-second album…He is certainly prolific, but the timeless quality of his songs doesn’t suffer for it. He’s the kind of songwriter that lives his music, and uses his expansive observations to show us more of this wonderful world. Abi and I happened to be playing a radio concert with Van, and as he was putting the finishing touches on his then-latest song “Be Yourself,” moments before the show started we were picking along. I guess we all enjoyed it enough that he asked us to join him live on air. That’s the recording on the album.
- I’m ruminating on a new recording. I’ve got a host of material built up, it’s just a question of narrowing the focus. More on that in time.
- House concerts! I’m looking forward to playing one in August with Mark Stuart. Are you interested in hosting one? Let me know if we can work something out.
- Just uploaded some videos of past performances. Check them out under the “Videos” tab.
I’m working on creating a podcast about regular working folks who like to write songs.
So far I have a general concept, and one trial episode. Even the title, “Part-Time Songsmith” is tentative (and comes from that trial episode with Tina Graye) .
I’d like each episode to be a feature–a mini-documentary–on a songwriter I come across who writes and performs as a hobby. Their songs and performances are not their main income, but they are still vital components of their well-being.
That’s the basic idea. I’d like to complete one per month. That’s about as fast as I can manage at this point. It’s a concept in progress, but if you think it’s worthwhile, please let me know. And if you’ve got any other comments or ideas, I’d love to hear those as well.
Trial Episode #1 – Tina Graye 4/19
If you’d like to support Tina and her music please:
1. Download her album from CD Baby https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/tinagraye
2. Check out some of her songs on YouTube (search “Tina Graye”) and give a thumbs up.
3. Leave a nice comment on this episode!
So, yes, it has been more than a year since I last posted to this site. Much has happened during that year–including music. I played on some local radio shows, for town festivals and a folk festival, and in a handful of other contexts, and I met with the songwriters at the roundtable about 12 times. One of those times we hosted Sylvie Simmons all the way from LA, and my friend and I were honored to play guitar with her. More recently we hosted Mark Stuart up from Nashville, and had a great time work-shopping some new material.
Anyway, I’m hoping to get back into recording again. I’ve got my studio put together, and I’ve been writing a lot. Just have to focus on it.
I’m also looking to line up some house concerts. In addition to writing and recording, and working out some new material locally, I’ll be looking into the house concert thing in the coming months. Send me an email if you are interested in hosting.
Another rough and ready recording of a song for the Roundtable title song.
Just for fun. 🙂